How to clean your baby's pacifiers
How to clean pacifiers
How to sterilise pacifiersWhen cleaning pacifiers, simply follow these five simple steps:
- Put the pacifiers in a clean bowl
- Drizzle with boiling water
- Let the pacifiers soak for approx. 5 min.
- Pick up the pacifiers and let them dry
- The vast majority of pacifiers have a valve. If the pacifier has a valve, make sure to squeeze excess water out of the pacifier section when the pacifier has cooled down sufficiently.
How often should I clean my baby' pacifier?Part of good pacifier hygiene is frequent cleaning. The younger the baby, the more important it is to protect it from bacteria and maintain good pacifier hygiene. This is partly due to the fact that the child's immune system has not yet had time to become acquainted with an abundance of different bacteria, and therefore will not have learned to 'defend' against them yet.
Premature babies, infants and babies up to 3 months
The Pacifier should be cleaned with hot water every time it has been on the floor. In addition, the pacifier should be sterilised with boiling water, at least once a day.
Babies over 3 months.
Rinse the pacifier once a day under hot water and rinse it under cold water if it has been on the floor.